Background of Thailand Environment Institute (TEI)The Thailand Environment Institute (TEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental, environmental organization, focusing on environmental issues. Established in May 1993 with a working philosophy of serving as a reliable and up-to-date information and knowledge resource. Founded on the belief that partnerships are the most effective approach in achieving sustainable development and better quality of life, the Thailand Environment Institute advocates a participatory approach to shared environmental responsibility.
By working closely with the private sector, government, local communities, other civil society partners, academia and in international circles with international organizations, TEI helps to formulate environmental directives and link policy with action to encourage meaningful environmental progress in Thailand.
VisionThe vision of the Thailand Environment Institute is to be a national centre of excellence in environmental issues by
- leading in national environmental policy planning based on tangible evidence and experiences
- serving nationally and internationally as a primary source of data and information
- acting as a core leader in capacity development, collaboration and networking for policy implementation
MissionThe Thailand Environment Institute will serve as a respected research institute, a center of high-quality information and meaningful action committed to sustainable human development,
by conducting research activities within and outside the country to benefit the conservation of natural resources and the environment, and by supporting and participating in the practical application of the research findings,
by establishing up-to-date and reliable information systems and through providing for extensive dissemination of quality information on environmental issues, and
by developing and enhancing the knowledge and capabilities of the staff so that they can be proud of their work and their organization
TEI's Operational Strategies
- Guiding on national environmental policies based on expertise, facts and field experiences
- Supporting the government in the development and management of national environment strategies.
- Being a prime source of national and international environmental information in the form of one-shop-stop through networks.
- Developing potential in forceful and standard environment research.
- Enhancing potential and cooperative networks of the public and private sectors and communities to bring policies into practices.
- Launching PR campaigns and publicizing knowledge, information, recommendations, guidelines, models and lessons on environmental issues.