Background of Thailand Environment Institute (TEI)The Thailand Environment Institute (TEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental, environmental organization, focusing on environmental issues. Established in May 1993 with a working philosophy of serving as a reliable and up-to-date information and knowledge resource. Founded on the belief that partnerships are the most effective approach in achieving sustainable development and better quality of life, the Thailand Environment Institute advocates a participatory approach to shared environmental responsibility.
By working closely with the private sector, government, local communities, other civil society partners, academia and in international circles with international organizations, TEI helps to formulate environmental directives and link policy with action to encourage meaningful environmental progress in Thailand.
VisionBeing a world class and well recognized organization by international communities environmental standard
- Serving as research institute, fund management, sustainable development on regional environment related issues.
- Working on key policy agendas and national strategies.
- Developing knowledge, innovation and environmental standard.
- Forming partnerships with key environmental organizations in Thailand, SEA Region and beyond.
- Disseminating and communicating environment information and knowledge to societies.
- Collaborating with Thai sectors to manage utilization of natural resources to achieve circular economy.
- Organization good governance compliance.
TEI's Operational Strategies
- Guiding on national environmental policies based on expertise, facts and field experiences.
- Supporting the government in the development and management of national environment strategies.
- Being a prime source of national and international environmental information in the form of one-shop-stop through networks.
- Developing potential in forceful and standard environment research.
- Enhancing potential and cooperative networks of the public and private sectors and communities to bring policies into practices.
- Launching PR campaigns and publicizing knowledge, information, recommendations, guidelines, models and lessons on environmental issues.