Background of Thailand Environment Institute Foundation (TEI)
The Thailand Environment Institute Foundation (TEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental, organization, focusing on environmental and sustainable development issues. It was established in May 1993 in order to drive sound environmental policies; assist community on natural resources management; raise public awareness on environmental and sustainable development; and provide training to strengthen environmental management capacity.
TEI strives to develop knowledge; serve as a reliable and modern sources of information; and promote collaboration and coordination among multi-sectoral partners on the environment and sustainable development.
Collaborating closely with its partners such as private sectors, government agencies, local communities, civil society partners, academia and international organizations, TEI has been contributing to a number of environmental policy formulation and implementation, and meaningful sustainable development progress in Thailand.
Top Think Tank in the World
Vision"To be a leading organization in environment with respect to international standard, adhering to be nonpartisan organization that helps promote sustainable development."
- Making recommendations on national environmental policy, strategy, and direction;
- Developing environmental knowledge, innovation and standard;
- Enhancing capability for sustainable natural resources and environmental management;
- Building partnership among leading environmental organizations and strengthening environmental network at all levels;
- Disseminating environmental information and knowledge to the public, and advocating environmental conservation and sustainable development;
- Empowering good governance in the organization management.
TEI's Operational Strategies
- Guiding environmental policies based on its expertise, robust evidences and extensive experiences on the ground;
- Supporting the government in environment strategy development and implementation;
- Being a prime source of environmental information in the form of one-stop-shop at the local, national and international levels;
- Developing environmental research and management capacity according to the national and international standards;
- Developing collaborative networks and capacities among public-private sectors and communities in order to bring policies into practices;
- Disseminating knowledge, recommendation, news, guidelines, model and lesson-learned on environmental issues.