Background of Thailand Environment Institute Foundation (TEI)
The Thailand Environment Institute Foundation (TEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental, organization, focusing on environmental and sustainable development issues. It was established in May 1993 in order to drive sound environmental policies; assist community on natural resources management; raise public awareness on environmental and sustainable development; and provide training to strengthen environmental management capacity.
TEI strives to develop knowledge; serve as a reliable and modern sources of information; and promote collaboration and coordination among multi-sectoral partners on the environment and sustainable development.
Collaborating closely with its partners such as private sectors, government agencies, local communities, civil society partners, academia and international organizations, TEI has been contributing to a number of environmental policy formulation and implementation, and meaningful sustainable development progress in Thailand.
Top Think Tank in the World
Vision"To be a leading organization in environment with respect to international standard, adhering to be nonpartisan organization that helps promote sustainable development."
- Making recommendations on national environmental policy, strategy, and direction;
- Developing environmental knowledge, innovation and standard;
- Enhancing capability for sustainable natural resources and environmental management;
- Building partnership among leading environmental organizations and strengthening environmental network at all levels;
- Disseminating environmental information and knowledge to the public, and advocating environmental conservation and sustainable development;
- Empowering good governance in the organization management.
- To address long-term environmental policy to government and public;
- To create projects, build partnership, be a consultant and support government agencies, private sectors, civil society, and local communities on the environment, pollution, energy, and industry management; conservation of natural resources and biodiversity; fundraising for environmental development; urban development; agriculture and rural development; adaptation to climate change; disaster management; the access initiative and the research and evaluation that lead to policy formulation at national level;
- To disseminate information about the environment to all interested parties and the public;
- To organize study courses to address the requirements of the government agencies, private sectors, civil society, local communities and parties interested in environmental issues and conservation of natural resources;
- To be an independent entity that certifies a green label and other environmental standard
- To support cooperative efforts with non-profit organizations to address public needs; and
- Not to undertake any activities related to politics.
TEI's Operational Strategies
- Guiding environmental policies based on its expertise, robust evidences and extensive experiences on the ground;
- Supporting the government in environment strategy development and implementation;
- Being a prime source of environmental information in the form of one-stop-shop at the local, national and international levels;
- Developing environmental research and management capacity according to the national and international standards;
- Developing collaborative networks and capacities among public-private sectors and communities in order to bring policies into practices;
- Disseminating knowledge, recommendation, news, guidelines, model and lesson-learned on environmental issues.